The IVAO Headquarters Pilots Group is a group of skilled pilots, which task is, to provide enough traffic or to perform difficult operations where a controller exam takes place. The examiner will takeover the position of the “director” who will conduct our pilots during the exam.
The main benefit is:
Usually our pilots are required to perform unexpected manoeuvres, such as a rapid decompression descent, bird-strike or engine failure … etc.
As a sign of membership , our pilots get a special badge and the HQ Pilot status at their profile. (HQ pilots badge and status will be removed when pilot leave the Group).
Becoming an IVAO HQ pilot is not an easy job as we allow very few mistakes. The ability to read charts quickly and efficiently is only a small part of our objective.
Our main priorities are the knowledge, concentration and execution skills.
You need first to fullfill the pre-application requirements presented here.
If you have enough qualification and fullfill all the requirements, you can send your application to hpm and hpam.
The second phase will be an interview followed by a flight exam if you have been qualified for the final test. The process is described here.
Note that If you hold Airline Transport Pilot rank, you will be accepted without any checkflight.
The service provided by the Pilots Group is available for any controller exams and some official IVAO trainings.
HQ pilot group can only be requested by the examiner or the trainer.
Try to make your request as soon as possible, as the requests are processed on a “first come first served” basis. From our part we are trying to fly as many exams as we can per day (max 3).
The Pilots Group needs notification about 4–5 days in advance to reach all pilots.
As examiner, you can request the assistance of the HQ Pilots group via IVAO training admin page.
When your HQ pilot froup request have been approved, as examiner, you can organize your exam with the HQ Pilot Group.
Every examiner is able to call the HQ Pilots for a briefing about 30 minutes prior to the start of the exam in the channel “HQ Pilots Group” on cc.ts.ivao.aero. The examiner is invited to participate to assign tasks and ask questions.
The pilots will complete all tasks that are requested in the briefing or ordered via text during the flight.
Note that our pilots will have the flight-plan remark “HQ Pilot”, so it’s easier to identify them.
When more than 4 HQ pilots are attending to an exam, the examiner has the choice to request an exam supervisor. An exam-supervisor is a person who is in contact with all pilots to coordinate different situations.
The examiner can still contact all pilots directly.
New pilots: New pilots shall have to pass a trial period of 1 month. After that time, his permanent status will be decided in a voting by the members of the HQ Pilots management.
Former pilots: Former pilots may rejoin the group time. The member has to be allowed by the HQ pilot group management and he will be on trial status again.
General rules: * A pilot has to fly at least twice a month. If he is not able.
* If a pilot offends against a rule (internal of IVAO R&R) or does not attend to the minimum amount of sessions per month, his account can be removed from the group.
* After 2 months of inactivity, your account status will be turned to inactive. reactivating inactive accounts follow the following process.
* If a pilot confirmed his participation to one session, but he was not showing up, he will be marked as missing in our statistics.
* HQ Pilots with more than 25% of missing Legs in their logbook we will be removed from the group.
* All HQ Pilots are required to have a Discord ID, add it to their own profile in the group website and Join to the IVAO HQ Pilots Discord server.
* The HQ Pilot's staff may edit the internal rules at any time and inform the pilots via the HQ Pilots forum.
* If you are the member of the HQ pilot group, you can obtain badges, after reaching a certain amount of exam participation.
Bronze Pilot exam badge - Issued to any pilot who has participated in 25 controller exam, in at least 7 several Divisions.
Silver Pilot exam badge - Issued to any pilot who has participated in 50 controller exam, in at least 15 several Divisions.
Gold Pilot exam badge - Issued to any pilot who has participated in 100 controller exam, in at least 25 several Divisions.
Note: These badges will maintain permanently at pilots profile.