Board of Governors Meeting Minutes

Meeting date: 18 December 2016

Collated by: Nicolas David (Assistant Secretary)

Signed by: Elías Herrero (Vice President)

Agenda

  1. Briefing with Executive
  2. Approval of GA Minutes from 20 November 2016 and BOG Minutes from 11 November 2016 and 6 December 2016
  3. Election of BoG officers
  4. DevOps agreement draft
  5. Grant admin access to BOG (or at least to officers) in iVote.
  6. Future PR budget
  7. Staff ban list. Definition of the criteria and maximum period of time.
  8. Review of Executive Council position.
  9. Establish a minimum resignation notice period for Division DIR/ADIRs, Senior Staff Department DIR/ADIRs, and Executive.
  10. Any Other Business

Attendance

Present

  1. 101031 - Eric J. Olson (Meeting Chairman)
  2. 102912 - Jacques Mariens
  3. 135071 - Giorgio La Pira
  4. 180003 - Nicolas David
  5. 218981 - Elias Herrero

Absent

  1. 155904 - Splendor A. Bouman

Meeting valid per statutes with 83% attendance

Meeting Opened at 18h04 UTC.

1 - Briefing with Executive

Briefing with Executive on current network issues.

2 - Approval of GA Minutes from 20 November 2016 and BOG Minutes from 11 November 2016 and 6 December 2016

Following comments on the General Assembly forum about the necessity to approve GA meeting minute by the BOG, it has been decided remove this item from this part.

Motion: Approval of BOG Minutes from 11 November 2016 and 6 December 2016

Author: Nicolas David

Voting

Type: public - Majority: regular

Results:

5x Agree: Elias Herrero, Eric J. Olson, Giorgio La Pira, Jacques Mariens, Nicolas David

Conclusion: Agree

3 - Election of BoG officers.

Motion: Appoint Eric Olson as President

Author: Nicolas David

Voting

Type: anonymous - Majority: regular

Results:

3x Agree - 1x Disagree - 1x Abstain

Conclusion: Agree


Motion: Appoint Elias Herrero as Vice President

Author: Nicolas David

Voting

Type: anonymous - Majority: regular

Results:

5x Agree

Conclusion: Agree


Motion: Appoint Jacques Mariens as Treasurer

Author: Nicolas David

Voting

Type: anonymous - Majority: regular

Results:

4x Agree - 1x Abstain

Conclusion: Agree


Motion: Appoint Nicolas David as Secretary

Author: Nicolas David

Voting

Type: anonymous - Majority: regular

Results:

4x Agree - 1x Abstain

Conclusion: Agree


Motion: Appoint Giorgio La Pira as Assistant Secretary

Author: Nicolas David

Voting

Type: anonymous - Majority: regular

Results:

5x Agree

Conclusion: Agree

4 - DevOps agreement draft.

Governors reviewed all the draft sent by Developers team, point by point, then invited Ken Andries as he is the representative of developers team. Governors made some comments and will write another draft with addition/modification proposals.
At this stage of negotiation, both parties agreed to not publish intermediate drafts. As announced in the last General Assembly meeting, only the final draft, before signature, will be published to the GA.

5 - Grant admin access to BOG (or at least to officers) in iVote.

In order to avoid delays and administrative work (time consuming) regarding membership within iVote (Addition, removal of BOG and GA members), the BOG feels the necessity to grant administrator access to Governors.

Motion: Grant admin access to BOG (or at least to officers) in iVote.

Author: Nicolas David

Voting

Type: public - Majority: regular

Results:

5x Agree: Elias Herrero, Eric J. Olson, Giorgio La Pira, Jacques Mariens, Nicolas David

Conclusion: Agree

6 - Future PR budget.

Jacques informed the BOG that as we don't have any PRD/PRAD, this item is no more relevant.

7 - Staff ban list. Definition of the criteria and maximum period of time.

As stated in a previous meeting, the Board is not in favor of life time suspension/Ban, therefore the Board would like to en-light its position regarding Staff Ban concept.
The Board think that the Executive should review the situation of a member under staff ban sanction when this member applies for a staff position.
The decision to remove or continue with a staff ban sanction remains to the Executive Council.

Motion: Member's staff ban will be reassess by the Executive after individual members application.

Author: Nicolas David

Voting

Type: public - Majority: regular

Results:

5x Agree: Elias Herrero, Eric J. Olson, Giorgio La Pira, Jacques Mariens, Nicolas David

Conclusion: Agree

8 - Review of Executive Council position.

As part of its duty, the Board is in charge of nomination of Executive Council. Following the resignation of the IVAO-EXEC5, the Board decided to ask the current Executive Council if they feel necessary to open this position.
The Board will act consequently.

9 - Establish a minimum resignation notice period for Division DIR/ADIRs, Senior Staff Department DIR/ADIRs, and Executive.

The Executive Council requested the Board to amend Rules and Regulation, to add a notice period in case of resignation of staff members. This notice period will help the Executive to create a smooth transition.

After a discussion, the Board decided to open the following motion.

Motion: Add to R/R: Any staff member wishing to leave their position should, whenever possible, provide a 14 day notice to their direct supervisor to facilitate the transfer of responsibilities.

Author: Eric J. Olson

Voting

Type: public - Majority: regular

Results:

5x Agree: Elias Herrero, Eric J. Olson, Giorgio La Pira, Jacques Mariens, Nicolas David

Conclusion: Agree

11 - Any other Business

The Board took this opportunity to discuss about new General Assembly application and decided to define a General Assembly meeting regarding the election. The followings motions have been created.

Motion: Motion to open GA membership application.

Author: Eric J. Olson

Voting

Type: public - Majority: regular

Results:

5x Agree: Elias Herrero, Eric J. Olson, Jacques Mariens, Nicolas David, Nicolas David

Conclusion: Agree

Motion to set GA meeting for February 5 at 1800Z.

Author: Eric J. Olson

Voting

Type: public - Majority: regular

Results:

5x Agree: Elias Herrero, Eric J. Olson, Giorgio La Pira, Jacques Mariens, Nicolas David

Conclusion: Agree


The Board officially took into consideration the request made by the General Assembly regarding the creation of a special meeting under article 26 of our Statutes.
The majority of the Board decided to propose to the GA to not comply with this request indeed, the Board already took actions requested by the GA and as the Board voted for a GA meeting begin of February, the question of the necessity of another GA meeting before the 25 January as imposed by the Statutes, raised.
The Board agreed to ask the General Assembly opinion.


The board decided to sign the agreement to allow a free representation of our network during the Skywonder Public Demonstration Event event in Belgium. This agreement will be signed between IVAO and organizers of this PDE.


With no further business to be discussed the meeting was closed at 21:38 UTC.