Board of Governors Meeting Minutes

Meeting date: 31 January, 2016

Collated by: Splendor Bouman (Secretary) and Nicolas David (Assistant Secretary)

Signed by: Elías Herrero (VPRE) and Splendor Bouman (Secretary)

Agenda

  1. Briefing with Executive
  2. Election of NPO SECR and ASECR
  3. Approve BoG meeting minutes 27/12/2015
  4. Set date of next GA meeting
  5. NPO server
  6. BoG access to personal data and forum administration
  7. Classified ads
  8. Final decision regarding NPO membership fee
  9. Review of byelaw 3
  10. Review of MCD Rules
  11. Strategy plan
  12. Long term suspensions discussion
  13. Agreement VZW - DOS
  14. TFNRR, last decision
  15. Update on complaints committee
  16. Any Other Business

Attendance

Present

  1. 135071 - Giorgio La Pira
  2. 155904 - Splendor A. Bouman
  3. 180003 - Nicolas David
  4. 218981 - Elias Herrero (Meeting Chairman)
  5. 278220 - Maxime Poncelet

Absent

  1. 101031 - Eric J. Olson
  2. 102912 - Jacques Mariens

Meeting valid per statutes with 71% attendance

Meeting Opened.

1 - Briefing with Executive

Briefing with Executive which included “round-table” discussion regarding long term suspensions and updates on some departments projects and Executive Committee organisation.

2 - Election of NPO SECR and ASECR

During internal discussions it has been agreed of the necessity to open the ASECR position. The meeting chairman called for candidates for the ASECR position. Nicolas David was the only candidate therefore the motion was opened.

Motion: Appoint Nicolas David as Assistant Secretary, Reappoint Splendor Bouman as Secretary

Author: Elias Herrero

Voting

Type: anonymous - Majority: regular

Results:

4x Agree; 1x Abstain

Conclusion: Agree

3 - Approval of Minutes from 27 December 2015

No discussion was recorded for this point.

Motion: Approve Minutes for meeting held on December 27, 2015 (meetings:bog:2015-12-27))

Author: Elias Herrero

Voting

Type: public - Majority: regular

Results:

5x Agree : Elias Herrero, Giorgio La Pira, Maxime Poncelet, Nicolas David, Splendor A. Bouman

Conclusion: Agree

4 - Set date for next GA meeting

In order to give some time for interactions with candidates, a proposal has been made to set the next GA meeting end of February.

Motion: Set 28/02/2016 as next General Assembly meeting date - 1500 UTC

Author: Elias Herrero

Voting

Type: public - Majority: regular

Results:

5x Agree: Elias Herrero, Giorgio La Pira, Maxime Poncelet, Nicolas David, Splendor A. Bouman

Conclusion: Agree

5 - NPO Server

For confidentiality issues regarding discussions within the BOG, it has been proposed to move the BOG Forum to NPO server, at this time the BOG is using skype for discussions and meeting for decision. The use of an independent forum will be an asset for the following of all cases. A discussion started about the GA Forum as when a member account is suspended this member will not have access to GA Forum, it has been agreed to ask the opinion of the GA first.

Motion: Move the BoG forum to NPO server and consult GA on status of GA forum

Author: Elias Herrero

Voting

Type: public - Majority: regular

Results:

5x Agree : Elias Herrero, Giorgio La Pira, Maxime Poncelet, Nicolas David, Splendor A. Bouman

Conclusion: Agree

6 - BoG access to personal data and forum administration

After some internal discussions, it has been brought that the BOG should be able to see who have access to what in IVAO Forum (group, permission, etc…). As the forum administration is a very sensitive tool and to limit potential misuse of this tool, a proposal have been made that a limited number of person should have access to this system.

Motion: Grant forum administrator access to two defined Governors for access audit purposes

Author: Elias Herrero

Voting

Type: public - Majority: regular

Results:

5x Agree : Elias Herrero, Giorgio La Pira, Maxime Poncelet, Nicolas David, Splendor A. Bouman

Conclusion: Agree

As Giorgio already had access to this tool in the past, when he was in the Executive, all governors were agree to propose him as a “natural” candidate.

Motion: Assign Giorgio La Pira to forum audit role

Author: Elias Herrero

Voting

Type: anonymous - Majority: regular

Results:

3x Agree; 1x Disagree; 1x Abstain

Conclusion: Agree

For the second candidate, it was logical for all Governors to grant this access to the President.

Motion: Assign Serving President to forum audit role

Author: Elias Herrero

Voting

Type: anonymous - Majority: regular

Results:

4x Agree; 1x Disagree

Conclusion: Agree

As per legal requirement to comply with privacy policy laws, the BOG should have access to all information on member profiles.

Motion: Grant governors access to all information on member profiles

Author: Elias Herrero

Voting

Type: public - Majority: regular

Results:

5x Agree: Elias Herrero, Giorgio La Pira, Maxime Poncelet, Nicolas David, Splendor A. Bouman

Conclusion: Agree

7 - Classified ads

Motion: Approve the creation of a Classified Ads Forum Board and associated guidelines

Author: Elias Herrero

Voting

Type: public - Majority: regular

Results:

5x Agree: Elias Herrero, Giorgio La Pira, Maxime Poncelet, Nicolas David, Splendor A. Bouman

Conclusion: Agree

8 - Final decision regarding NPO membership fee

In order to avoid any similar issue we experienced this year, a proposal has been made to change the Article 3 of the By-Law.

Motion: Update By-Law 3 text: (…) The amount is defined by BoG every year in November for the next year. (…)

Author: Elias Herrero

Voting

Type: public - Majority: regular

Results:

5x Agree: Elias Herrero, Giorgio La Pira, Maxime Poncelet, Nicolas David, Splendor A. Bouman

Conclusion: Agree

9 - By-law 3 - NPO membership dues

After discussion, it has been decided to make an official apology for the late announcement. Regarding the GA member who has paid 15€ instead of 16€ and after reviewing the GA opinion, it has been decided to not ask this member to pay 1 extra Euro. This 1 Euro will be paid by a BOG member.

No motion was needed.

10 - Review of MCD rules

As presented by Giorgio, some rules need to be changed to facilitate the creation of MCDs.

Motion: Update 8.3.2 to read: A poll of the membership conducted by forum or similar means at the direction of Executive shall take place to ensure agreement on the part of the membership of any active divisions and/or mini-divisions

Author: Elias Herrero

Voting

Type: public - Majority: regular

Results:

5x Agree: Elias Herrero, Giorgio La Pira, Maxime Poncelet, Nicolas David, Splendor A. Bouman

Conclusion: Agree

Motion: Delete rule 8.3.5

Author: Elias Herrero

Voting

Type: public - Majority: regular

Results:

5x Agree: Elias Herrero, Giorgio La Pira, Maxime Poncelet, Nicolas David, Splendor A. Bouman

Conclusion: Agree

11 - Strategy Plan

Various approaches to strategy planning were discussed, with further development and discussion to take place in the forums.

12 - Long-term suspensions

The consensus was that the concept of a lifelong suspension serves no purpose over a suspension with a defined duration. The concept of a lifelong suspension should therefore be reviewed in favour of set durations which may be renewed should the need arise.

Return to the Executive for comment.

13 - Agreement NPO - DOS

Elias updated the BoG on the progress of the agreement, stressing its equal importance for the NPO and the developers.

In a recent discussion with DOS, significant progress was made to safeguard both developers intellectual rights and IVAO's unlimited use of programs and the implementation of emergency access protocols.

Ken and Elias are working on a document the finer points of the agreement. Once complete will be sent to BoG and developers for review.

14 - Final decision TFNRR

Motion: Approve Regulation concept - TFNRR invited gather feedback and ideas for applicable regulations from Executive & departments. Once gathered, present these to BoG for approval to carry on with project.

Author: Elias Herrero

Voting

Type: public - Majority: regular

Results:

5x Agree: Elias Herrero, Giorgio La Pira, Maxime Poncelet, Nicolas David, Splendor A. Bouman

Conclusion: Agree

15 -Complaints committee project status

An update has been made, the BOG has been informed about the change in the task force (arrival of Filipe Fonseca, leaving of Vybhava).

16 - Any other Business

Nil.