Board of Governors Meeting Minutes

Meeting date: 30 January, 2015

Collated by: Bob van der Flier (Secretary)

Approved by: Eric Olson (President)

Agenda

  1. Opening
  2. Administration
    A. Approval Minutes of 4 Jan 2015 Meeting
    B. Action points minutes of 4 Jan 2015
    C. Treasurer's Report
    D. Approval of 2015 Budget for GA
  3. Old Business
    A. Project Management Tool (Eric/Gert)
    B. Appeal Committee
    C. Executive Interviews
    D. Domain Name Registry (Response from Logistics)
    E. Services Transfer to NPO Servers (Including Divisions)
    F. Flight Streaming / TeamSpeak Recording (Follow Up)
    G. Roles and Responsibilities: Departments (Status)
    H. BOG Server (Presentation / Approval, Transfer of Services)
    I. Access credentials for NPO owned servers.
  4. New Business
    A. Open voting for GA
    B. Rewording of R/R 5.3.1
    C. Administrative access to network administration menus for BOG.
    D. Shared copyright of Software Development Staff and IVAO VZW.
    E. DocWiki
    F. “On behalf of the BOG” announcements.
    G. Restructuring of a Department
    H. Discussion regarding information disclosure
    I. Discussion regarding executive council.
  5. A.O.B.

Attendance

Present

  1. 101031 - Eric J. Olson
  2. 102912 - Jacques Mariens
  3. 103563 - Alain Debrouwer
  4. 155904 - Splendor A. Bouman
  5. 156794 - Gert Battenberg
  6. 175560 - Bob van der Flier
  7. 218981 - Elias Herrero
  8. 337079 - Rob Overdijk
  9. 396868 - Peter Bosch

Meeting valid for statutes with 100% attendance

1 - Opening

Opening

2 - Administration

2a - Approval Minutes of 4 Jan 2015

MOTION: APPROVE MEETING MINUTES OF 4 JAN 2015

Voting

Type: public - Majority: regular Results:

Results

9x Agree : Alain Debrouwer, Bob van der Flier, Elias Herrero, Eric J. Olson, Gert Battenberg, Jacques Mariens, Peter Bosch, Rob Overdijk, Splendor A. Bouman

Conclusion: Agree

2b - Action points minutes of 4 Jan 2015

  • An issue of a separate develop team for the website project came up. The PRD will be asked whether he would be willing to undertake the task with additional support staff as needed.
    Two issues here: The so-called “face” and the system behind that. PR Department should be involved in that “face” only. Which it is already. Further discussion/steering in the BoG forum as appropriate.
  • SD to formally apply for ADMIN status; E-Mail to be sent to SD with reasons for request.

Request received. To be approved for the developers of the Software Development Department

MOTION: APPROVE SD REQUEST FOR NETWORK ADMIN STATUS TO ACTIVE DEVELOPERS

Voting

Type: public - Majority: regular

Results

8x Agree : Alain Debrouwer, Bob van der Flier, Elias Herrero, Eric J. Olson, Jacques Mariens, Peter Bosch, Rob Overdijk, Splendor A. Bouman

1x Abstain: Gert Battenberg

Conclusion: Agree

  • Flow chart for PRD to assist, add to next agenda
    Third party advertising > pending

2c - Treasurer's Report

MOTION: ACCEPT TREASURER'S REPORT FOR PRESENTATION TO GENERAL ASSEMBLY

Voting

Type: public - Majority: regular

Results

9x Agree : Alain Debrouwer, Bob van der Flier, Elias Herrero, Eric J. Olson, Gert Battenberg, Jacques Mariens, Peter Bosch, Rob Overdijk, Splendor A. Bouman

Conclusion: Agree

2d - Approval of 2015 Budget for GA

Some pending additions had been incorporated meanwhile as such that this Budget is ready for presentation to the GA.

3 - Old Business

3a - Project Management Tool

Continue searching for a free one or less expensive. Will be further dealt with by forum discussions

3b - Appeal Committee

Since there is no one in charge, for now Rob will take responsibility for continuation of the project

3c - Executive Interviews

Still in progress, updating the comments; initial decision to be taken soon.

3d - Domain Name Registry

Mention was made of the difficulties with existing providers. Hence, a change is needed. Process is ongoing

MOTION: DIRECT LOGISTICS TO MOVE DOMAIN NAMES TO A RECOMMENDED PROVIDER

Voting

Type: public - Majority: regular

Results

9x Agree : Alain Debrouwer, Bob van der Flier, Elias Herrero, Eric J. Olson, Gert Battenberg, Jacques Mariens, Peter Bosch, Rob Overdijk, Splendor A. Bouman

Conclusion: Agree

3e - Services Transfer to NPO Servers

Services Transfer to NPO Servers (Including Divisions); to include the status and handling of Ivote and SVN by and through the BoG.

Process is ongoing.

3f - Flight Streaming / TeamSpeak Recording

Looks satisfactory. No action required.

3g - Roles and Responsibilities: Departments (Status)

No content recorded for this point

3h - BOG Server (Presentation / Approval, Transfer of Services)

The earlier provided info had been confirmed and consequently the server space will be obtained, where after it will be set up for the convenience of the BoG, as required.

MOTION: APPROVE PURCHASE OF HOSTING PACKAGE FOR NPO/BOARD AND MIGRATION OF SERVICES ESSENTIAL TO NPO OPERATIONS

Author: Eric J. Olson

Voting

Type: public - Majority: regular

Results

9x Agree : Alain Debrouwer, Bob van der Flier, Elias Herrero, Eric J. Olson, Gert Battenberg, Jacques Mariens, Peter Bosch, Rob Overdijk, Splendor A. Bouman

Conclusion: Agree


MOTION: APPOINT NPO OFFICERS AND/OR DESIGNEE AS MANAGERS OF NPO SERVICE HOSTING

Author: Eric J. Olson

Voting

Type: public - Majority: regular

Results

7x Agree : Bob van der Flier, Elias Herrero, Eric J. Olson, Gert Battenberg, Jacques Mariens, Peter Bosch, Splendor A. Bouman

Conclusion: Agree

3i - Access credentials for NPO owned servers

MOTION: DIRECT LOGISTICS TO CONFORM WITH MOTION OF 28 APRIL 2013 TO PROVIDE ACCESS CREDENTIALS AND/OR PASSWORDS TO NPO OWNED SERVICES/SERVERS

Author: Eric J. Olson

Voting

Type: public - Majority: regular

Results

7x Agree : Alain Debrouwer, Bob van der Flier, Eric J. Olson, Gert Battenberg, Jacques Mariens, Peter Bosch, Rob Overdijk
1x Disagree : Elias Herrero

1x Abstain : Splendor A. Bouman

Conclusion: Agree

4 - New Business

4a - Open Voting for GA

Point has been checked in the past and there is great doubt about the legality

MOTION: MOTION TO DENY OPEN VOTING REQUEST

Author: Eric J. Olson

Voting

Type: public - Majority: regular

Results

5x Agree : Alain Debrouwer, Bob van der Flier, Eric J. Olson, Jacques Mariens, Splendor A. Bouman
2x Disagree : Elias Herrero, Gert Battenberg

2x Abstain : Peter Bosch, Rob Overdijk

Conclusion: Agree

4b - Rewording of R/R 5.3.1

Letter received from ATC Operations Department: Facing some recent situations, I would like to bring your attention to the wording of the rule 5.3.1, quoted below:
5.3.1 - Controllers are prohibited from controlling outside of their Area of Responsibility. For example, if a member is logged on as tower, he/she shall not practice approach duties.

The point of discrepancy is the second period. As we all know, there are many areas where the Tower performs the duties of Approach inside the TMA and that's not a simple delegation because there isn't an APP station there.

To avoid misinterpretations and misuse of the rule, I suggest you to change the text to something more realistic, like:
5.3.1 - Controllers are prohibited from controlling outside of their Area of Responsibility. The station have to operate in the limit of their delegation, as published on Local Aeronautical Documents.

Discussion revealed that the essence of the subject is correct and hence a proper update is needed to comply with the practise of the real world. For now, this will be an initial update and the subject will be further dealt with by the Task Force who will review/update the R&R's.

MOTION: AMEND R/R 5.3.1 TO READ: CONTROLLERS MAY ONLY PROVIDE A SERVICE WITHIN THEIR AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY AS PUBLISHED

Author: Eric J. Olson

Voting

Type: public - Majority: regular

Results

9x Agree : Alain Debrouwer, Bob van der Flier, Elias Herrero, Eric J. Olson, Gert Battenberg, Jacques Mariens, Peter Bosch, Rob Overdijk, Splendor A. Bouman

Conclusion: Agree

4c - Administrative access to network administration menus for BOG

Being the legally responsible body of the IVAO NPO, the BoG shall have proper access rights as such to be able to follow and monitor in a more global way. This is not to be seen from the point of micro management though.

MOTION: GRANT ADMINISTRATIVE ACCESS TO NETWORK ADMINISTRATION MENUS FOR BOARD MEMBERS

Author: Eric J. Olson

Voting

Type: public - Majority: regular

Results

6x Agree : Alain Debrouwer, Bob van der Flier, Gert Battenberg, Jacques Mariens, Peter Bosch, Rob Overdijk
2x Disagree : Eric J. Olson, Splendor A. Bouman

1x Abstain : Elias Herrero

Conclusion: Agree

Referring to an earlier BoG decision on the subject, it will be further inquired whether the sad action at that time has taken place and if not, why.

ACTION Alain to ask Kenny

4e - DocWiki

To be reconsidered at least textual
Determine the status of the wiki doc and appoint the “responsible” person(s) to handle and use it, if so approved.

Further discussion explained that the wiki initially was foreseen to be activated with the implementation of the new website. Due to unfortunate delay there, the wiki existence became obscured as well.

Need to be further looked into to see what to do here.

4f - "On behalf of the BOG" announcements

Determining how to react on behalf of the BoG if the need is there
It was agreed upon that any post or topic made on a personal title, would explicitly use the “I” format (nominative), whereby pointing at the BoG will be done in dative format (“they”, “them”). If a statement is made clearly on behalf of the BoG, it shall indicate so by mentioning: On behalf of the BoG. Of course, any such statement shall be confirmed on forehand with the Board as such.

4g - Restructuring of a Department

With regard to the consideration to set-up a separate “research and development team” as a split off from LDept. That will become more the maintenance department, residing under LDept or a to be formed department operating directly under supervision of the BoG.

Ideas where forwarded but need further consultation with the concerned first. No decision taken; to be further discussed

4h - Discussion regarding information disclosure

It was found that the current NDA does not appear clear on the covering of its purpose, as was shown by actions taken by some individuals who signed the NDA.

ACTION to reconsider the existing NDA text to allow for correct coverage and to remind the current NDA signees about the intent of the NDA.

4i - Discussion regarding executive council

Meeting jumped to here prior to the subject of the appointment of new members!
From that 3C, the BoG is the highest authority within the IVAO NPO. That includes, though, the Network.
Delegating duties and tasks to the Exec. Council for running the Network on a day-to-day basis does mean however, that proper guidelines shall be issued.
Individual comments by staff members publicly shall not be accepted.

MOTION: FORMULATE RESPONSE TO GENERAL ASSEMBLY AND OFFICIAL LETTER TO EXECUTIVE TO INCLUDE: 1. REQUEST FOR PUBLIC APOLOGY FROM GIO. 2. CLEAR GUIDELINES WITH EXPECTATIONS OF EXECUTIVE FROM THE BOARD. 3. INTERNAL BOG↔EXECUTIVE COMPLAINT PROCEDURE TO INCLUDE FIRST-STEP MEETING WITH BOARD AND EXECUTIVE TO RESOLVE INTERNAL ISSUES.

Author: Eric J. Olson

Voting

Type: public - Majority: regular

Results

8x Agree : Alain Debrouwer, Bob van der Flier, Eric J. Olson, Gert Battenberg, Jacques Mariens, Peter Bosch, Rob Overdijk, Splendor A. Bouman

1x Abstain : Elias Herrero

Conclusion: Agree


MOTION: MOTION TO SEND REMINDER E-MAIL TO SIGNERS OF AN NDA AS TO PROTECTED INFORMATION

Author: Eric J. Olson

Voting

Type: public - Majority: regular

Results

8x Agree : Alain Debrouwer, Bob van der Flier, Elias Herrero, Eric J. Olson, Gert Battenberg, Jacques Mariens, Peter Bosch, Rob Overdijk

Conclusion: Agree

Note: Splendor had to leave the meeting earlier due to real life commitments

5 - Any other Business

A. Annual General Meeting details

Determine and approve proposed agenda GA meeting 15th Feb. 2015
Determine the final candidates to be proposed
Means and way to perform the election of new NPO members

MOTION: SET GENERAL ASSEMBLY MEETING AGENDA TO INCLUDE: 1. MEMBERSHIP REPORT, 2. APPROVAL OF 2014 FINAL FINANCIALS, 3. APPROVAL OF 2015 BUDGET, 4. APPROVAL OF CANDIDATE GENERAL ASSEMBLY MEMBERS, 5. Q&A

Author: Eric J. Olson

Voting

Type: public - Majority: regular

Results

8x Agree : Alain Debrouwer, Bob van der Flier, Elias Herrero, Eric J. Olson, Gert Battenberg, Jacques Mariens, Peter Bosch, Rob Overdijk

Conclusion: Agree

Final list of candidates for the GA will be made up after the official closure of the application period. Subject will be further dealt with in the Forum

Election of new NPO members as mentioned before shall not be decided upon any more prior the already announced meeting of 15th Febr. 2015.

Additional subjects brought forward:

B. Legalisation still had to take place. Hence,

MOTION: MODIFY 8.2.1 TO INCLUDE PRC/PRAC AS A DIVISIONAL STAFF POSITION

Author: Eric J. Olson

Voting

Type: public - Majority: regular Results:

9x Agree : Alain Debrouwer, Bob van der Flier, Elias Herrero, Eric J. Olson, Gert Battenberg, Jacques Mariens, Peter Bosch, Rob Overdijk, Splendor A. Bouman

Conclusion: Agree

C. Request received some time ago already from PRD to legalise this:

MOTION: APPROVE CHANGES TO IVAO IMAGE DATABASE USER AGREEMENT

Author: Eric J. Olson

Voting

Type: public - Majority: regular Results:

7x Agree : Alain Debrouwer, Bob van der Flier, Elias Herrero, Eric J. Olson, Jacques Mariens, Peter Bosch, Rob Overdijk

Conclusion: Agree

Note: Gert had to leave the meeting earlier due to real life commitments

D. Notam to be sent to remind NPO members of the possible termination of their membership due to lack of timely payment of the fee. With that Notam the proposed agenda for the GA meeting will be sent.

E. Earlier Elias had proposed an issue of hours pending HR of BoG. Document was sent but needs still to be reacted upon.

ACTION Please react…

F. One of the Forum Administrators has failed until now to sent the hard copy of his NDA. If not received within 10 days, unfortunately more severe action is required.


Original meeting minutes