Board of Governors Meeting Minutes

Meeting date: 4 January, 2015

Collated by: Bob van der Flier (Secretary)

Approved by: Eric Olson (President)

Agenda

  1. Opening
  2. Set date annual GA meeting
  3. Review of Executive Interviews (Status Update)
  4. Discussion/Action Regarding Executive Advisors
  5. Discussion appointment new LD and LAD
  6. Discussion/Action Regarding Domain Hosts
  7. Working Groups: Formulation of Guidelines and participation
  8. Discussion / R/R Update: Streaming of Flights
  9. Review definition of Medal of Honor Award and consider proposed Candidates
  10. BoG reserved storage/access place (dedicated server)
  11. A.O.B.

Attendance

Present

  1. 101031 - Eric J. Olson
  2. 102912 - Jacques Mariens
  3. 103563 - Alain Debrouwer
  4. 155904 - Splendor A. Bouman
  5. 156794 - Gert Battenberg (left 20.00)
  6. 175560 - Bob van der Flier
  7. 218981 - Elias Herrero
  8. 337079 - Rob Overdijk
  9. 396868 - Peter Bosch

Meeting valid for statutes with 100% attendance

1 - Opening

Approve minutes from previous meetings

MOTION: APPROVE MEETING MINUTES OF 11 NOV 2014

Voting

Type: public - Majority: regular Results:

Results

8x Agree : Alain Debrouwer, Bob van der Flier, Elias Herrero, Eric J. Olson, Gert Battenberg, Jacques Mariens, Peter Bosch, Splendor A. Bouman

1x Abstain : Rob Overdijk

Conclusion: Agree


MOTION: APPROVE MEETING MINUTES OF 9 DEC 14

Voting

Type: public - Majority: regular Results:

Results

9x Agree : Alain Debrouwer, Bob van der Flier, Elias Herrero, Eric J. Olson, Gert Battenberg, Jacques Mariens, Peter Bosch, Rob Overdijk, Splendor A. Bouman

Conclusion: Agree


Pending issue

Project Management Discussion: It was agreed to have Gert Battenberg and Eric Olson to further investigate and advise. With that, it was seen useful to have the GA involved in an advisory role.

Postponed pending actual action

Pending issue

Complaints Protocol: In this way again the issue of an appeal committee, or what ever the correct name shall be, came up again? What is the status and how to continue there.

To be further discussed, into the forum, postponed to next BoG meeting

ACTION Consequently, to be put into common forum with Exec

2 - Set date annual GA meeting

MOTION: SET GENERAL ASSEMBLY MEETING FOR 15 FEB 15 - 1800Z

Voting

Type: public - Majority: regular

Results

9x Agree : Alain Debrouwer, Bob van der Flier, Elias Herrero, Eric J. Olson, Gert Battenberg, Jacques Mariens, Peter Bosch, Rob Overdijk, Splendor A. Bouman

Conclusion: Agree


MOTION: ESTABLISH NPO CONTRIBUTION OF 15€ TO BE PAID BY EXISTING MEMBERS NO LATER THAN 31 JAN 15

Voting

Type: public - Majority: regular

Results

9x Agree : Alain Debrouwer, Bob van der Flier, Elias Herrero, Eric J. Olson, Gert Battenberg, Jacques Mariens, Peter Bosch, Rob Overdijk, Splendor A. Bouman

Conclusion: Agree


MOTION: OPEN APPLICATION PROCESS FOR NEW GENERAL ASSEMBLY MEMBERS FOR APPLICATIONS TO BE RECEIVED 31 JAN 15

Voting

Type: public - Majority: regular

Results

9x Agree : Alain Debrouwer, Bob van der Flier, Elias Herrero, Eric J. Olson, Gert Battenberg, Jacques Mariens, Peter Bosch, Rob Overdijk, Splendor A. Bouman

Conclusion: Agree

ACTION Start NPO present membership contribution 2015 process

ACTION Preparation financial account balance 2014


MOTION: ACCEPT TREASURER'S BALANCE SHEET REPORT OF 2014

Voting

Type: public - Majority: regular

Results

9x Agree : Alain Debrouwer, Bob van der Flier, Elias Herrero, Eric J. Olson, Gert Battenberg, Jacques Mariens, Peter Bosch, Rob Overdijk, Splendor A. Bouman

Conclusion: Agree

Budget (adoptions) 2015, including destination Excess Funds
TREA (Jacques Mariens) will have a final presentation for us at our next meeting

ACTION A new round with a request for donations will be foreseen in month 3/4/5 2015. Furthermore, several Departments still to be asked/provide their budget requirements

3 - Review of Executive Interviews (Status Update)

Process is ongoing; further update next BoG meeting.

4 - Discussion/Action Regarding Executive Advisors

Postponed until the final results of point 3 are known.

5 - Discussion appointment new LD and LAD

One of the points discussed and cleared here: Who owns what? The answer has been (re-)established to be: Only NPO does.

MOTION: EXPEDITE TRANSFER OF ALL SERVICES TO NPO OWNED SERVERS WITH ANTICIPATED COMPLETION NO LATER THAN 30 JUN 2015

Voting

Type: public - Majority: regular

Results

8x Agree : Alain Debrouwer, Bob van der Flier, Elias Herrero, Eric J. Olson, Jacques Mariens, Peter Bosch, Rob Overdijk, Splendor A. Bouman

Conclusion: Agree

6 - Discussion / Action Regarding Domain Hosts

Some questions came up about the status of the Domain Hosts, together with the registration of Domain names.

Which Domain names do the LDept, Executive and BoG think we do need to have and/or maintain?

What intermediary shall be selected here, since there is an apparent discontent with the present one.

Consideration shall take place to change for a better host/provider/intermediary, since the experiences with the actual one are not satisfactory due to lack of proper service. Ldept will be asked to “shop around”.

In relation with this, an issue of a separate develop team for the website project came up. The PRD will be asked whether he would be willing to undertake the task with additional support staff as needed.

7 - Working Groups: Formulation of Guidelines and participation

Mention was made of the apparent existing differences about the possible tasks/roles of each Governor or group of Governprs (vzw).

Nothing formal was voted on, but we basically agreed to formulate working groups as appropriate including the GA with the number of additional bodies needed to be determined by the board member leading the project. GA members would be able to vote on the participants for each work group provided applications exceed slots.

8 - Discussion / R/R Update: Streaming of Flights

No changes for now, clarification of rule to executive to interpret current TeamSpeak rule literally.

9 - Medal of Honour

Review definition of Medal of Honor Award and consider proposed Candidates

MOTION: ISSUE MEDAL OF HONOR TO CHRIS DÖHRING

Voting

Type: anonymous - Majority: regular

Results

4x Agree
1x Disagree

2x Abstain

Conclusion: Agree


MOTION: ISSUE MEDAL OF HONOR TO ACHMAD FERDI ISKANDAR

Voting

Type: anonymous - Majority: regular

Results

3x Disagree
2x Agree

2x Abstain

Conclusion: Disagree

10 - BoG reserved storage/access place

It is believed and confirmed that the authority and position of the BoG in relation to controlling the organisation is that of a responsible body.

With that, the BoG shall have the proper means and access rights to be able to do so. In addition, the legal responsibility of the BoG warrant that the legal documentation and archives of the NPO are safeguarded and directly controlled by the BoG itself. Hence, the conclusion that an independent server for that purpose is a need, was agreed upon. Consequently Peter Bosch will research the options and present a plan of action.

11 - Any other Business

  • SD to formally apply for ADMIN status - E-Mail to be sent to SD with reasons for request.
  • Issues as a result of the pre-meeting with Executive - Done above
  • Staffing issues Logistics Department - To be determined after appointment of LD
  • Issue of restructuring Departments, as proposed earlier by o.a. GA and individuals - As above
  • New years wishes 2015 - New Year NOTAM to be sent
  • Roles and Responsibilities Departments - Continue/re-initiate work as started previously
  • Planning 2015 - First quarter
  • 3rd Party Support / Prizes / Discounts - For clarification to PRD, no issues when within the parameters of an existing agreement (e.g. Aerosoft). No issues if nothing in return requested from IVAO. To be presented to board in other cases. - Flow chart for PRD to assist, add to next agenda)

Original meeting minutes